How To Stay Cool Without Aircon?
How do you stay cool without an Aircon in Singapore? If you have been asking yourself this question while living in Singapore, below are the 11 best ways of staying cool without an Aircon.
1.Install attic vents.
It is amazing how you can cool your house with attic vents. They will also help you cool your house without installing an Aircon.
2.Install an entire-house fan.
This will often push hot air into attic, where it disperses through attic vents. This enables you to cool your house in a cheaper way. The latest research shows that 60% of Singapore residents use this house-cooling alternative in their homes.
3. Send up cool air.
If your house has a basement as well as central air system, you need to have an HVAC expert to enhance a cold air return in basement to pull cool air naturally and hence making your house cooler.
4. Take shade from porches and awnings. It is advisable to build your house with porches to cool your house. This will give your house fresh air therefore limiting the need of house Aircon.
5. Insulate your home. Most of the homes in Singapore are insulated well in the walls as well as attic with an aim of keeping them cool. This will keep the hot air away from the house hence making the house cooler.
6. Use light-colored roofing. In any case you have a choice, select roof coating or lighter roof. This will reflect sunlight other than absorbing it.
7. Adjust the pilot light. In any case you have gas stove with a pilot light, ensure that they are set appropriately. If you set them too high, they will definitely produce additional heat.
8. Avoid steam. In the course of the day, you can try not take hot shower, wash clothes, dishes or even cook until it gets dark since this will increase heat generation in your house. Ensure you fit tight your pot lids. Ensure the door gasket seals often on your oven, dishwasher, and washer are in a perfect shape and have no rips or breaks.
9. Turn off the heat sources. Do not use a stove or an oven to eat. You can eat cold food, or alternatively use a microwave. The incandescent light bulbs often create heat that might cause the heating up of your house. Turn off all your lamps and computer in case you are not using them. You can also turn off all your TV since they generate heat that will heat your house.
10. Cool down the house using fans. You can position ceiling fan or an attic fan on upstairs window, which will draw off the heat, gathered in upper rooms and then push them to heat outdoors. You can also set up a portable fan to enable it suck up the cool air from floor keeping your house cool.
11. Open windows at night. You can also open selective windows to enable cool night air to be blown to your house therefore improving the cooling process in your house. Alternatively, you can leave the interior doors open such as kitchen cabinets and closets hence cooling your house.